Below you can see a summary of some of the key points in our Privacy Statement in this section. This summary is for reference only and does not form part of our Privacy Statement.
As Stalk.to, we listen to our users and guarantee to protecting the privacy and fair use principles that support our values in order to provide a transparent and secure service. We want you to be sure that your personal data is safe with us.
This Privacy Statement explains the following:
- How we collect your personal information;
- What personal information we collect;
- How we use your personal information;
- Who we share your personal information with; and
- The rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal information.
Last modified: January 1th, 2022
1. Who are we?
When we say "Stalk.to", "we", or "our", we are talking about Stalk.to. This Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") applies to all of our apps, services, features, software and website (as one, the "Services"), unless stated otherwise.
This Privacy Statement explains how we, as the data controller, will use personal data about you and the steps we take to ensure your personal data is kept safe and confidential. Our Privacy Statement should be read in conjunction with our Terms of Service.
2. How we collect your personal information?
We may obtain your personal data from you through our websites, mobile applications or other similar devices, channels, applications operated by or on behalf of Stalk.to or your 3rd party social network accounts that you log into Stalk.to.
Social Network: Identifies the 3rd party social networking platforms integrated into the Stalk.to system. (Example: Instagram.com)
User: Defines people who visit Stalk.to websites, applications, etc. channels, benefit from or want to benefit from our services.
Proxy user: Social network accounts used as intermediaries for users to access content on social networks. The social network account of each user who logs in to Stalk.to using a social network account with their consent can also be used as a proxy user. Every user who logs into our system accepts this.
4. What personal data we collect?
We collect the personal data and your personal information about your social network account you provide to us when registering/logging in and/or using our Services. For example, we may collect your name, social network account access information, email address or phone number.
Remember that it is your responsibility to ensure and control that any information, content, material or data you provide to us is accurate, complete, and not misleading.
Information you can voluntarily provide
In certain parts of our Services, you may be asked to voluntarily provide your personal information. For example, in order for you to register for an account in our system, start using our Services, subscribe to marketing communications from us and/or send us questions, we will request certain information such as:
- Username and password of your social network account;
- Your e-mail address for payment,
- Other data you choose to provide to us (such as information you provide to recover if you lose access to your account).
We will try to explain to you the personal data we ask you to provide and why we want you to provide it, as soon as we ask you to provide this data.
For your enhanced security and privacy, we store the information you provide on our servers with maximum security. We never provide access to sensitive information such as private message history, privately sent media content in your social network accounts.
We do not publish or disclose non-public personal data without your explicit and unequivocal consent where we are legally required to obtain your consent.
Information you share
You share information when using and communicating with our services, and we share your information to provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and help us market our services.
You share information (including messages, media files, comments) when using and communicating with our services.
Information that may be collected automatically
When you use our services, we may automatically collect data from you and/or your device and/or the social network account you log in to, if you have given your express consent to be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws:
- Data and analytics about your use of our Services;
- Your IP address and device identifiers (such as device ID, advertising ID, mac address, IMEI number);
- Information such as device name, operating system, browser type and language of the device you are using;
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies;
- Extensive geolocation information based on your IP address;
- Precise geolocation data (GPS with your permission); and
- Data about your use of our Services, such as in-app interactions and usage metrics.
Advertising ID means, Identifier for Advertisers ("IDFA") on Apple and Google Advertising ID ("GAID") on pre-Android 12 devices. These are mobile device identifiers used by advertisers for interest-based advertising. They are consistent across all applications and therefore allow cross-application monitoring.
For Apple devices older than iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5, you can disable this feature by selecting "limit ad tracking" in the privacy settings. You can disable it by selecting "Disable interest-based ads" on Google Android.
In iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.5 versions of Apple devices, you have the right to allow tracking within the scope of "AppTrackingTransperancy". In this context, we will clearly inform you about the purpose and for what purpose the different types of permissions we will receive from you will be used. On Google Android 12 and above you can always reset GAID or disable custom ads based on your preference.
Advertising IDs are non-permanent, non-personal identifiers and are only associated with your device. Similar technologies include pixel tracking between ads. These technologies allow companies (including marketers and advertisers) to recognize your device when you use their websites and apps.
Data about your device means information about your device type, device model, device manufacturer, device's operating system and language, and other technical data such as screen size or processor, or a combination of these data that may be available from the device to a developer to check the device's compatibility with a particular application.
Collecting of card informations
Your payment information in accordance with the legislation in accordance with the laws; It is kept in order to prevent fraud, to detect possible fraud attempts, to establish a legal basis and to provide ease of use. This information is as follows:
- Information about the credit card saving feature is stored on the international payment institution Stripe.com.
- The last 4 digits of your credit card, card type and "payment method id" provided by Stripe.com are securely stored on our servers.
Data we obtain from third party sources
We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources. For example, if you clicked on an ad to direct you to one of our Services, we may be provided with information from which ad network and ad campaign the install originated from.
The data we may collect from our business partners may include:
- Data we receive when you connect a third-party agent to our Services (such as Facebook, Apple or Google);
- Demographic data (for example, to locate your IP address);
- Data for anti-fraud (for example, click fraud in advertisements);
- Data from platforms on which our Services operate (for example, data for verification of payments); and
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes so that we can optimize the Services we offer you.
We do not request or aim to collect information that is considered private or sensitive, such as information about health, race, religion, political views, criminal record, sexual preferences or orientation.
Data we obtain from your social network account that you log in to
We do not access, store or use sensitive content such as private message history in your social network account. The areas that can be accessed and the information that can be collected in your social network account you are logged into;
- Your user name, password and cookie information belonging to your social network account are securely stored and used as sensitive data in order to use our system and ensure the continuation of the system operation, strong encryption algorithms are used during use;
- We save your full name, e-mail address, phone number, gender information to prove that your account belongs to you, we do not share it with others;
- Your profile photo is saved on our cache server for faster access;
- The social network profile ID number of the profiles you follow, the ID number of the profiles that follow you, the number of profiles you follow, the number of profiles that follow you, the number of posts and your search history are stored and used to improve, develop, market and operate our services for you and our other users.
By logging into our system; You agree that Stalk.to does not accept any responsibility and you are responsible for the instant and / or periodic access to the above-mentioned information, but not limited to, its storage on our secure servers and the information obtained from the social networking platform through your account.
Stalk.to is only a communication service provider for users who want to access social network content. The user and the proxy user are responsible for any damages, losses and problems that may occur during or after the acquisition of the content. Stalk.to cannot be held responsible for the services it provides.
Stalk.to is not responsible for damages, losses, problems and sanctions to be applied by the social networking platform.
Rights about social network profiles that are not included in our system and the contents of these profiles
Third Party Informations
We stipulate that we have the legal rights to collect, use and share the information of each of our users before providing any information, and we are not responsible for the disclosure of privacy-related information (including personal data) as a result of the user's actions during the transaction.
5. How we use your personal information?
Always with your prior consent and subject to your preferences in the application settings, we may use your personal data in the following ways:
5.1. To enable you to access and use our Services. E.g;
- Creation of user account and profile;
- To enable the collection/processing of data related to your social network account,
- To ensure the collection/processing of data of social network content,
- To ensure correct application versions;
- To fulfill your obligations under any applicable contract;
To send you communications about the services, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support or administrative messages, and notifications about your profile visits, notifications about people visiting your profile, and notifications about your payment and subscription status.
Stalk.to has been developed on two different structures.
- Stalk.to; uses the users who have logged into Stalk.to voluntarily as a proxy user for other Stalk.to users in order to access the content in integrated social networks. The user notifies the content they want to reach to Stalk.to, the Stalk.to algorithm finds the most suitable proxy user and selects it for the transaction, the social networking platform is accessed via the private IP address previously assigned to the proxy user, the necessary content is retrieved, and the security scans are passed through the interpretation algorithm and delivered to the requesting user. The ID number assigned to the user and the ID number of the target content can be recorded. During this process, the Stalk.to user cannot view the information of the proxy user. Thanks to the closed-circuit system, account sharing is ensured in a secure and temporary way.
We process the data of your social network accounts that you log into Stalk.to in order to perform and maintain the operation of the system in accordance with the law.
5.2. For the purposes of personalizing and improving our Services. E.g;
- Responding to your customer support requests;
- Receiving error messages about any issues you / your device may / may encounter with our Services so that we can fix bugs and interoperability issues;
- Detection and prevention of illegal activities;
- Monitoring app installs to measure the impact of our marketing campaigns;
- Conducting optional user feedback surveys;
- To be remembered for your next visit to our Services;
Contacting you for promotions, prizes, upcoming events and other news about the products and services we offer.
To share your personal data with you about your interaction with our services, such as the activity of other users with whom you have a direct or indirect affiliate link, we may use the notifications to provide you regarding profile visits, content added or viewed, and any associated profile directory searches made through our functions and/or site/in-app features.
5.3. To contact you, including some or all of the following:
Providing you with in-app offers and rewards based on your interaction with our Services;
Delivering targeted, relevant ads to you;
Sending you marketing communications and/or newsletters about prizes and promotions if you subscribe;
Sending notifications about your profile.
5.4. For the purpose of conducting research such as analyzing market trends and customer demographics;
5.5. For the purpose of complying with legal obligations, including preventing and/or detecting fraud or making disclosures to competent authorities if required under applicable law.
When you use our services, you can choose not to allow the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. If and when you give your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time and at no cost by un-listing from our Services.
5.6. On what legal grounds do we process your personal data?
We will only collect and use your personal data (as described in section 5) in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Our reasons for processing your personal data are as follows:
- Consent - We will collect and process your personal data only if necessary, if you have given us your express and positive consent to act in this way.
- Legitimate Interests - We may use and process some of your personal data where we have reasonable and legitimate business reasons to do so. Our legitimate interests in processing your personal data are to enable you to access and use our Services, to establish and update our active scam and spam indexes to protect you, our users, and the wider community from potential threats from malicious callers, or from previously detected numbers of fraudulent or criminal activity includes effectively implementing our spam and unwanted call blocking features, understanding and improving our spam and anti-fraud mechanisms, and managing our technical and customer support for the delivery of our Services.
- Legal obligations -We may need to process your personal data when we need to comply with a legal obligation.
6. With whom do we share your personal data?
When you use any of our services, we may disclose your personal data to the following parties:
a) To authorized law enforcement, regulatory, governing bodies, government agencies, courts, or other third parties we believe require disclosure;
b) To any person to whom you have given explicit consent; and
c) To third-party service providers and partners who provide a particular Service on our behalf, perform data storage or data processing services, including those located outside of your region, and help us analyze how our Services are performing. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only for the purpose of performing these duties on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use them for any other purpose.
7. Which cookies we use?
8. What ads do we show on our services?
The advertisements you see displayed on our services are provided by certain third-party advertisers on our behalf. No information that identifies you, such as your name, address, email address or phone number, is used to provide this advertisement. These third-party advertisers may place a cookie in your browser to display the most relevant ads to you. This cookie does not collect personal information about you and is not linked to any identifiable information about you. By using our services, you consent to the use of such third-party cookies for these purposes.
9. What precautions are we taking to keep your personal data safe?
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We keep most of our data encrypted. We use closed circuit systems as much as possible in order to increase security. Where appropriate, we use HTTPS to keep information about you secure. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us safe. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send us, at your own risk. By using our services, you accept the risks inherent in providing information online and you will not hold us responsible for any security breaches.
10. How long we keep your personal data?
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will retain your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and for our legitimate interests, such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving litigation, and enforcing our contracts.
11. Do we keep or transfer your personal data outside of your region of residence?
Our services are global in nature and your personal information may be transferred to and processed in countries outside of your country of residence. These countries may have data protection laws that differ from those of your own country. We take all measures to provide adequate and appropriate measures to protect your data as described in our Privacy Statement.
12. Age Limit
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from anyone under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal data without your consent, immediately notify our privacy support team at [email protected] If we learn that we have collected personal data from children under the age of 16, we will immediately take steps to delete this data as soon as possible.
13. Your rights regarding your personal data
Access, Correction, Deletion and Portability
You can access and edit your basic profile information and preferences on our Stalk.to website. You may also obtain a copy of the information not found on our site in a portable format for you to carry or store wherever you wish. You can send an email to [email protected] to get a sample of what information is being processed and the data being processed.
We will require you to verify your identity or provide additional information about your account before allowing you to access or update your personal information. We may also refuse your request to access or update your personal information for a variety of reasons, such as whether the request is illegal or if doing so will affect the protection of other users in the Stalk.to community.
In addition, we would like to point out that you have the following rights under current and applicable data protection legislation;
- Right of access: your right to request copies of your personal information from us;
- Right to correction: your right to request that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to deletion: your right to request the deletion and removal of your personal information from our systems;
- The right to limit our use of your information: your right to prevent us from using your personal information or to limit the ways we use it;
- Right to data portability: your right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal data;
- Right to object: your right to object to the processing of your personal data, including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
It is your legal right to prevent access to your personal information and social network profiles and to request the deletion of your collected data. If you wish to exercise this right, you cannot use the Stalk.to service until you give your consent and permission for the reprocessing and collection of your personal data, since the deletion and prohibition process will prevent the system operation and the legal interests of Stalk.to. If you want to disable access to your social network profile and personal accounts, you can write to the email address [email protected]
If you want to continue to benefit from the Stalk.to service, but do not want your social network profile to be accessed via Stalk.to; You can get the subscription service that includes the relevant privacy feature.
14. Your Complaints
If you have a complaint about the use of your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. However, to exercise any of your rights set forth in this Privacy Statement and/or make a complaint, you may contact our privacy support team at [email protected]
15. Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change or modify this Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to our Privacy Statement will be posted on this page with the revision date. If there are material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means, such as by e-mail. Where required by law, we will obtain your consent to implement such changes. If you do not agree to any changes made, please do not continue to use our Services.